Friday, April 1, 2011

3 Things

Being a hunter with a disability like quadriplegia can present a few challenges to say the least.  Three items I try to keep in my backpack are:

1. Plastic zip ties- they make an excellent fastener, but they can also be made into loops and taped onto objects.  This enables me to pick up the item using my finger or thumb, since I am unable to grasp objects.

2. Duct tape- it's always good to have a little duct tape with you, when you're traveling in the woods, it probably has 1001 uses (see above).

3. Velcro- I like to have things Velcroed to my wheelchair within reach of my hand.  Using Velcro, I can also easily remove, replace or exchange items that are temporarily secured in place. 

Always use the soft side of the velcro on any surface your hand may come into contact with.

What are some everyday items that make your hunting experiences easier or better?

2 comments:

  1. You know Greg,

    I am excited to read your blogs. Much information. I must beg to differ about 1001 uses for duct tape though. I believe it has to be over a million as well as zip ties. LOL

    Yesterday I showed hubby an exotic meat dealer; he did not believe me that all sorts of critters are raised and harvested right here in the US to include African lion meat, black bear, and zebra. I can't wait to see what you fill your freezer with. Saturday we are harvesting one of our sows and sharing the meat with the processor. This will be our learning opportunity of which our children will share.

    Take care,
    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comment! Hopefully both of our freezers are full of great things very soon

    ReplyDelete