Thursday, June 2, 2011

Action TrackChair Test Drive






I had the pleasure of test driving the Action Trackchair yesterday afternoon.  How would I describe it or review it for you?

1.  It's absolutely the best all-terrain wheelchair I have ever seen . 

2. In My opinion,  it appears to go almost anywhere ( within reason) at least anywhere I would want to  go bow hunting .

3. For  a tank, it drives and rides extremely smooth, although a little slow.

 In all honesty I was very impressed with this wheelchair to say the least.   It absolutely opens up the outdoors for individuals with disabilities.   The only negative is, it will require a trailer to take to my hunting locations  because it is to wide for my van ramp (37 inches) . 

The wheelchair will require some customization for my seating purposes.  I need to add a chest strap or harness, remove the padded seat and install a seat plate for my cushion (Roho Quatro).  I also need a strap on my knees to keep my legs together.

There is no debate on whether or not I want to purchase this wheelchair, the only question is how to come up with the purchase price.

1 comment:

  1. We take the back seat out of our van and use folding ramps to wheel the chair through the back door. Just be sure to take the backrest off first.

    ReplyDelete