Saturday, October 1, 2011

First Day of Buck Season

Today started at 3 AM and like many opening days before, I was awake long before the alarm clock went off. The first day of buck season holds many possibilities, I view it like Christmas morning.

Unfortunately it was really cold today and rained most of the hunt. Today I was hunting once again with Whitetail Management Associates. Here is a great group of guys who gave up their opening day to help me out again this year. Not one of them complained about the rain and everyone did everything they could to get a buck to walk past my position.




After the hunt I transfered out of my Action Trackchair

I did manage to see several deer and by late afternoon even took a shot at a mature Doe. Unfortunately I did not have quite the aim and missed my target. 

I would much rather miss cleanly than wound any animal. I still had an incredible adventure in the Pennsylvania Whitetail Woods. As the saying goes, a bad day hunting is still better than any other day. It's a long season, time to unpack my gear, and get everything dried out. Hopefully your aim was better than mine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment