Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pa Rut

Last night I had the opportunity to go out hunting with my crossbow, before the weather turned cold.  I can't believe how warm it has been, it is November after all.

At about 4 PM the farmer next door to my ground blind decided it was time to cut his field with his John Deer backhoe.  He was approximately 150 yards from my blind and I thought I would not see a single deer.  He finally finished at about 4:40 PM , prime time for the deer to start moving.

10 minutes later I seen the first buck, he was directly in front of me at about 90 yards.  He had his head down and was definitely following a trail of a hot doe.    He never looked up or paid any attention to me .  Unfortunately, he came in to 65 yards then went to my left and up the hill, something I have not seen this year . 

At 5:15 PM the second buck came in identical to the first .  He did the exact same thing.   So much for pattering behavior, the rut is on in Pa and all bets are off. 

Darkness fell and those were the only two deer I seen.  The three  Doe who usually make their trek  through were no where to be found

No comments:

Post a Comment