Thursday, September 27, 2012

1st Night Out

Tuesday afternoon I had the opportunity to go hunting with my brother. We went to a small woodlot that we have been hunting the previous two years.

We arrived a little late and decided not to put up the ground blind, we would split up and just sit quietly and see what came by.

About 35 minutes into the hunt a flock of turkeys came walking by. 16 birds, I could not see any beards but they were sure pretty to look at as they all ambled by. I think the wild Turkey is one of the most spectacular game birds in America.

It wasn't long before I spotted two huge groundhogs, well-prepared for this winter with an extra layer of fat. These two hogs were followed by a big gray squirrel who was happy to run back and forth in front of my wheelchair.

The Magic hour was approaching, I looked at my watch and it was 7:20 PM. I looked up again and a four point or six point buck was walking by. The daylight was quickly fading and I could not see if he had brow tines or not.

It wasn't much longer and the hunt was over for the evening. It was a great start to the 2012 archery season.

No comments:

Post a Comment