Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fairbank R & G, Wounded Warrior, Pheasant Hunt 9/28/2013

 



On Saturday, September 28th, I was hunting with the Western Pennsylvania Wounded Warriors and the members of Fairbank rod and gun club.  This is the third consecutive year for the pheasant hunt and it was a beautiful day.

I was lucky to harvest a pheasant who flew across my shooting zone.  I took several shots at birds and missed.  I can't begin to tell you how exciting it is for me to take a rooster. Please watch the video







The pheasants were moving very fast, I was not the only shooter who missed a few birds.  It's not about being successful on every shot, its about hunting again with friends and family.

I was using a new bite trigger system that my friend Ed designed specifically for this pheasant hunt.  It worked out extremely well and was easy to use.  It always amazes me what he can manufacture at his workbench in his basement.



Thank you to all the volunteers who came out and made this day possible.  I really appreciate all the work and planning that takes place to make this event enjoyable and safe for hunters with disabilities.  A big thank you goes out to Rambo the retriever for finding my bird and bringing it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment