Friday, October 3, 2014

Archery Doe 2014


Last night I went bow hunting with my brother John for the first time this year and managed to take this young doe at 30 yards.  I was using my Tenpoint crossbow with 100 grain Magnus Buzz Cut Broadheads.

The Burt Coyote Lumenok bolt made it easy to see the shot was perfect.  The Doe only went 20 feet after the shot. I watched her go down at 6:45pm



This is a picture from the field using my brothers cell phone. Of all the evenings hunting, this is the night I forgot my camera! I would have liked to get some better quality pictures, but these will have to do.

To many archers, this small doe may not be a trophy, but to me, any animal I harvest is a trophy. Don't  let what you can't do stop you from what you can accomplish.  Shoot straight and be safe in the outdoors, good luck in all of your adventures this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment